Another great week! LSU was able to stun Auburn on the plains, UGA was able to win in the desert, the Terrelle Pryor era started, Alabama made a statement, ECU's BCS run has ended, and Boise State's has begun. The number in parenthesis are where I ranked them the previous week. I'm going to guess I'm the earliest to post my ballot.
1. USC(1)-The Trojans didn't play anyone this week after dismantling the Buckeyes last week. They do kick off the Pac 10 season next week against a team that suprised them a few years ago. Next Week: @Oregon State
2. Georgia(2)-The Bulldogs looked awfully good against a pretty good team in ASU in a hostile environment. Knowshon Moreno put on a show and continues to be in the running for the Heisman. AJ Green had a breakout game, and Matt Stafford looked solid again. This team looked really good against a pretty good team, but they do have a huge game next week against the Crimson Tide. Next Week: Alabama
4. Florida(4)-The Gators looked terrific against Tennessee and they didn't beat them with their offense. The defense was able to shut down the Tennessee offense, and the UF special teams were able to make huge plays. Imagine how good this team will be if the offense starts playing like last year? They might not have to with the way they're playing on the defensive side of the ball. Next Week: Ole Miss
5. LSU(5)-What a game! The Tigers offensively struggled throughout the 1st half, but they were able to pick it up, and pull out a thrilling victory on the road against Auburn. Jarrett Lee was able to make some great throws, and Charles Scott looked great at running back. This team looks like it is the class of the SEC West early on, but I repeat for LSU fans. You guys aren't guaranteed to win the SEC West even with this great win. Next Week: Mississippi State
6. Missouri(6)-The Tigers offense continues to put up huge numbers, and the offense is going up and down the field. Chase Daniel continues to be a leading Heisman Candidate, and Jeremy Maclin is also helping his Heisman cause. The defense though isn't struggling still, and if they want to win the Big XII they need to improve that. They had a bit of trouble this week, but I think it's more because of Buffalo then Missouri. Next Week: Bye
8. Texas(8)-The Longhorns continue to impress, and Colt McCoy is putting up huge numbers for the Longhorns. The running game doesn't look great, but the Longhorns continue to put up huge numbers. The defense has looked a lot better compared to last year, but until they play a legit team we won't know. Playing Arkansas is not a legit team, and I expect the Longhorns to roll. So far, so good for Texas. Next Week: Arkansas
9. Alabama(14)-The Tide continue to roll as they were able to dominate on the defensive end of the ball and they continue to run the ball well. Glen Coffee, and Mark Ingram are an excellet running duo, and Julio Jones is starting to make plays at receiver. Still, the face of this team is a smash mouth defense, and a run based offense. Huge game next week against UGA. Next Week: @UGA
10. Penn State(10)-I'm not going to move up this team anymore till they play a real team. The offense looks really good with Daryl Clark at quarterback, and the skill position players, but until they play somebody they aren't anything higher then #10. The defense continues to look good even without Sean Lee, and the real season starts next week. Next Week: Illinois
11. Auburn(9)-Auburn fought hard, and hadn't been for the 3rd quarter they would've been able to pull out a win against LSU. The quarterback play looked a lot better, and so did the offense. They were able to put up 21 points on a really good defense. The defense also looked pretty good, and they were able to rattle to LSU quarterbacks a little bit. Next Week: Tennessee
12. Ohio State(12)-The Buckeyes looked unimpressive in another win, but I was impressed with Pryor. Terrelle Pryor was able to make good throws, and he made some plays on the ground. The defense continues to look solid, but they need Chris Wells for the game in a few weeks at Wisconsin. Next Week: Minnesota
13. Texas Tech(15)-The Red Raiders offense was able to make big plays again against a terrible team again. Graham Harrell continues to look good, and so does the receiving core. The defense is looking better, but that rumor that Texas Tech was going to have a pretty good defense this year seems to be false. Still this team should be pretty good, and be able to contend in the Big XII South. Next Week: Bye
14. BYU(17)-After being handed the game a few weeks ago because of bad officiating it seems that BYU has righted the ship. Max Hall continues to put insane numbers, and he's slowly become a legit Heisman Candidate. Harvey Unga continues to put up solid numbers at running back, and the defense looks solid. This team seems like the most likely to be able to break through into the BCS, but they better not look ahead to the game against Utah. Next Week: Bye
15. Wake Forest(19)-Wake Forest was able to get a big win on the road, and it looks like they are still the class of the ACC. The defense was able to dominate FSU forcing 7 turnovers, but had it not been for an inconsistant kicking game, and offense Wake would've put a complete beatdown on FSU. Still though it's a very good win. Next Week: Navy
16. USF(16)-No excuse for South Florida playing bad against FIU, but they are still a good team, and I think this was just a bad game. The Bulls played FIU a team that had won 1 game over the past 2 seasons, and only could beat them by 8 points. The Bulls might've just been still celebrating the win over Kansas from last week, and I don't think they continue it. Trap game next week. Next Week: @NC State
17. Utah(21)-Big win for Utah. They had to go on the road to play a good team, and they were able to pull out a 30-23 win. Brian Johnson continues to put up good numbers, and Utah continues to pile up the wins. They will still have some tests, but the game against BYU should be huge! Next Week: Weber State
18. ECU(13)-Tough loss for ECU on the road in a rivalry game. They should've won this game, and they had multiple opportunities in the opponents 10 and they weren't able to come up with points. Even with this loss to a bottom ACC team they still are a top 20 in my opinion with the two wins they've had earlier in the season. Next Week: Houston
19. Clemson(20)-The Tigers continue to look good after the week 1 loss to Alabama. They were able to completely dominate an overmatched South Carolina State team. Thunder and Lightning looked really good, but Cullen Harper did throw a few interceptions. You can't do this in conference play if they want to win the ACC. Still they're looking a lot better. Next Week: Maryland
21. Kansas(24)-The Jayhawks continue to look good as they ran up and down the field against Sam Houston State. Todd Reesing put up huge numbers, and the runnning game continues to look solid. The defense looked a bit shakey, and they need to improve that if they want to challenge in the Big XII North. Next Week: Bye
22. Colorado(NR)-The Buffaloes were able to pull off a Thursday Night Shocker against the Sheep Luvers in Boulder. Cody Hawkins looked really good at quarterback, and Colorado did an excellent job in containing Pat White. I really like Colorado's running game with Darrell Scott and Rodney Stewart. Next Week: @Florida State
23. Virginia Tech(NR)-The Hokies are a completely different team with Tyrod Taylor at quarterback and they were able to get a huge win on the road against North Carolina. Darren Evans looked really good at running back, and the defense was able to step up a few times for Va Tech. Next Week: @Nebraska
24. Boise State(NR)-The Broncos were able to go on the road and pull off a stunner at Autzen. Kellen Moore looked really good against a pretty good Ducks secondary. They played terrific for 3 quarters, but they did let up in the 4th and let the Ducks back in it. They can't do this again, or they will lose. Next Week: Bye
25. Fresno State(22)-I know they nearly lost to a bad Toledo team, but I'll give em a pass for this week. Traveling across the country, and after a tough loss are tough conditions to play well in. The defense which looked great early struggled, and if Fresno wants to win the WAC they need to improve that. Next Week: @UCLA
On the Cusp: Michigan State, Oregon, UConn, Cincinnati, North Carolina, Florida State, Vanderbilt
Best Games of Week 4:
Alabama @ UGA-Game of the week. Big for UGA and huge for Alabama.
Wisconsin @ Michigan-First Big Ten game of the Rich Rod era against a top team.
Illinois @ PSU-This game will show if PSU is legit.
Colorado @ FSU-This game will pit two borderline top 25 teams.
Virginia Tech @ Nebraska-Can VT pull off a 2nd straight win on the road?
Tennessee @ Auburn-Will both teams be able recover from tough losses?
USC @ Oregon State-A few years ago USC lost to Oregon State in a similar situation.
1. Chase Daniel(Missouri)-The guy continues to put up huge numbers for a good Missouri team.
2. Mark Sanchez(USC)-Stays at #2 despite the bye.
3. Knowshon Moreno(UGA)-He put up huge numbers in the national spotlight.
4. Tim Tebow(Florida)-He doesn't have the numbers, but his team is winning.
5. Max Hall(BYU)-Putting up insane numbers, but he still probably won't win it.
Best of the rest: PJ Hill(Wisconsin), Sam Bradford(Oklahoma), Michael Crabtree(Texas Tech), Jeremy Maclin(Missouri), Juice Williams(Illinois), Colt McCoy(Texas), Pat White(WVU), Percy Harvin(Florida), Evan Royster(Penn State), Javon Ringer(Michigan State).
Heisman Hopes that were ruined:
Chris Wells(Ohio State)-He was out another week, I think he's done.
Patrick Pickney(ECU)-His Heisman hopes was the undefeated season of ECU.
Pat White(WVU)-He struggled a little bit on Thurday night.
BCS Bowl Predictions:
BCS National Title: USC(Pac 10) vs UGA(SEC)
Rose Bowl: Wisconsin(Big 10) vs Utah(At Large)-They likely won't make it, but for now they're in.
Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma(Big XII) vs South Florida(Big East)
Sugar Bowl: Florida(SEC) vs Missouri(At Large)
Orange Bowl: Wake Forest(ACC) vs BYU(At Large)
My Player of the Week is.....Javon Ringer. He put together another workman like perfomance.